1. Use a dark navy for your base, but then add 2-3 brighter shades of navy. You can use black, dark green, and purple for highlights.
2. Skies are a place to design, and you can make marks with wool in your skies.
3. Hooking tiny circles of yellow or white (2-3 loops) will give the appearance of a starry night.
4. Use colours that complement each other well but still contrast enough to give certain hues the space to stand out.
5. Hook your sky in thick jagged lines starting from the ground, working your way up. Start and finish in different places on your mat.
- emily dunne